Saturday, May 05, 2007
With the guest roster filling up, we decided it would be best to put up a curtain on the small window in the bathroom that faces our lanai. I made this one out of white linen and stretched it between 2 tension rods... one on top and one on bottom. I thought the plain white panel was a little blah, so I wandered around the yard and found an monstera leaf, maile-scented fern (the upermost leaf) and another fern I have not identified yet. I painted each leaf with white silkscreen paint then pressed them onto the face of the curtain. The pattern is a bit mre pronounced than I expected, but I really love it. I also love the way it is equally as nice from the outside. Next project... the fabric I bought for the digning chairs is now going to be the new sofa covering. The dining chairs are now going to be a cardboard colored linen that I have had for years. I think it will suit the chairs better than the barkcloth. I am thinking about doing a single gold monstera leaf print on the seat... but I'm not sure yet. Stay tuned.
From outside at night.